Capt. John's: Monday through Wednesday


I left Newport about 10 am for the ride south to Charleston. No wind this morning but about 10 miles down the road I had to stop, take everything off the bike, unpack my Gerbing's heated jacket liner, and pack my gear back on the bike again. That jacket liner made all the difference. This was a taste of things to come. Mornings on the Oregon Coast can be misty, breezy, damp, etc. Hooray for Gerbing's. (thanks for the wonderful Christmas present, Laura).
That stretch of road is beautiful. 8 more bridges to cross on the way to Coos Bay, and one more into Charleston.
I arrived at the Capt. John's about noon, checked in with Jen, and unloaded my bike. Lots to do in the next few days: check out restaurants in town, let people know we were coming, get some menus, that kind of thing. Walk around town and get the "lay of the land". People in town were really friendly and looking forward to having us there. I hadn't been there in some months, so I needed to look around again. I also had time to take a few rides around the area. I had a good feeling about everything.