Thursday Dinner


Most of the group went to the Lucky Dragon in North Bend for dinner. I decided to stay closer to the Capt. John's so that I could welcome people still arriving Thursday evening. I did sneak down to the Sea Basket for some fish and chips.


It was pretty good!


Here's Laura G enjoying her food, too. This is where I get to explain how my daughter happened to be at the rally. After observing me organizing for several months, she got sort of interested in it, and started helping me where she could. So I asked her if she would like to come down too, and see what it was like. This occurred about the same time that I mentioned that she needs to decide whether she is going to learn to ride, because if not, I need to sell my Vulcan 500. Its a great bike, but its not good for a bike to sit around. I don't get enough time to ride as it is, and with my new 900, the older bike doesn't get much attention. Laura decided to come to the rally, signed up and got her own VROC number, and got a ticket to fly into the local airport from Seattle. (the airport is about 5 miles from Charleston) Pat Acord picked her up on Wednesday evening. Laura is still thinking about learning to ride. She said she had a great time at the rally. Some of the pictures in this blog are ones she took and I added to my collection. Laura won a multi-meter and a VISA gift card at the raffle. We're still not sure what the multi-meter does, but we needed one, I guess.